Tuesday 2 June 2009

2 weeks in....

After Day 5 I think the anaesthetic completely wore off and I started to get some pain but not throbbing, just awkward when I move around. I also started to get a really painful sensation at the front of my shin when I got up and started to move around. It was like shin splints but would wear off after about 4 steps. My shin was also very red and felt very tight. I had spent some of the day walking around on crutches to see an event at my daughters school and probably not rested enough. In the end I got in touch with the hospital and my Consultant rang me and arranged for me to see him the next day. By that time I had rested up solidly for two days and the pain and swelling was much less, but he put it down to fluid from the knee draining down the leg and that it would dissipate. I think it is called a pitted edema. Anyway a week further on it has gone and I'm completely off pain killers after about 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment